Sharp AR-M455U Digital Copier
Introducing high-speed, high-end DMFPs that can centralize your printing workflow.
MultiXpress 6555N/6545N DMFPs deliver fast printouts with full multifunction features like duplex and copying.
And they feature Samsung document management solutions like SmarThru™ and SyncThru™. With these digital solutions at the center of your business, you can eliminate your A3 DMFP and maximize your productivity.
High Performance Features
- Advanced 50-sheet Duplexing Single Pass Document Feeder (DSPF) with Scan2 technology scans both sides of a document in a single, straight pass. This feature improves efficiency, reduces scanning time, and helps maintain the integrity of your original documents.
- Powerful 300 MHz true multitasking controller design allows for easy upgrades that include network printing, network scanning, and Super-G3 faxing operations.
- Robust job build feature and available online paper capacity of 3,100 sheets makes copying large jobs quick and easy.
- Advanced finishing with the optional Two-Tray Finisher or the Saddle-Stitch Finisher, which delivers a wide range of capabilities including 3-position stapling, center folding, 50-sheet stapling capacity and more.
- New Card Shot feature conveniently copies both sides of an ID card onto a single sheet of paper in a seamless one-step operation.
- Auto duplexing on up to 97 lbs index paper with optional duplex unit.
- Optional network printing system with document-filing enables users to easily archive their documents to a 40 GB hard disk drive.
Easily add on Powerful Network Scanning, Faxing and Distribution Capabilities1
- Sharp’s ImageSEND network scanning enables sharing of documents across and outside the network, allowing for a fast, efficient, digital workflow.
- Sharp’s innovative Dual-Head Scanning System (Scan2 Technology) increases productivity by scanning both sides of an original in a single pass.
- Scanned documents can be sent directly from IMAGER control panel to six different destinations: Send to Desktop, Send to E-mail, Send to FTP, Send to Group, Send to Fax, and Send to i-Fax.
- Available Document Filing system with PIN code access stores up to 20,000 pages, so everyone on the network can share and access documents.
- With the available Super G3 Fax kit, you can instantly fax documents directly from a desktop.
Keep you Business Information Safe and Secure1
- Sharp offers several layers of network, device, and data security to help protect your greatest asset: your information. These scalable security offerings are designed to help offices meet regulatory requirements, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLB).
- Secure the device: When enabled through the key operator’s programs, the auditing mode built into the AR-M455U requires users to enter a five digit PIN code in order to gain access to the operation panel of the machine. This feature can also restrict users from printing (standard).
- Secure the output: To protect your customer’s printed documents from unauthorized viewing, the AR-M455U model offer a confidential printing feature, which requires users to enter a PIN code at the machine in order to print their queued document (requires optional PCL6 network printing system).
- Secure network access: To protect your customer’s network from unauthorized E-mail communication, the AR-M455U model supports user authentication, which requires users to login to the machine before performing any network scanning operations (requires PCL6 network printing system + network scanning kit).
- Secure network visibility: To restrict access to the AR-M455U model on your customer’s network, the advanced home page allows administrators to setup IP filtering, MAC address filtering, as well as advanced protocol filtering, all of which can be used to restrict network access to the device (requires PCL6 network printing system).
- Secure the data: With the available data security kit, users can encrypt data in memory that is used for copying, scanning, printing and faxing with 128-bit encryption. Additionally, the data security kit can erase the hard disk memory in the AR-M455U by overwriting the encrypted data up to seven times, offering an unprecedented level of assurance (available early 2005).
Sharp helps you learn all of the advanced features of your AR-M355U Imager with My Sharp1
- My Sharp, a dedicated customer training web site, allows you to locate resources and find information specific to your configuration.
- Includes 300 MHz multitasking controller
- Console, modular digital document system
- Copy, optional print, network print, network scan, and fax1
Original Size (Max)
- 11" x 17"
- Min: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- Max: 11" x 17"
- 45 copies per minute (8 1/2" x 11"; Standard resolution)
First Copy Out Time
- 4.4 Seconds (document glass); 5.3 Seconds (DSPF) (Based on letter size original with polygon motor running)
- 80 seconds or less